Frosty the Snowman Christmas Cupcakes | 12 Days of Blogmas

What better way to spend chilly Winter evenings than baking some festive cupcakes? For this years Christmas themed cupcakes, I went with a very wintry theme using light blue and white with these really cute snowmen icing decorations and these are super easy to make and decorate!

 Make you cupcake batter as to your recipe instructions. If you want the recipe that I love to use then click here. I recommend you make extra batter if you are using a recipe so you have enough to create the effect later.
 Transfer the cake mixture into two separate bowls.
In one of the bowls I used blue food colouring to dye one of the bowls blue. This was a bit brighter than what I would have liked, but I was aiming to get a very light blue.
 In a lined cupcake tray, I added two teaspoons of blue and two teaspoons of white cake batter and took a skewer and just marbled them together.
 Bake in the oven for however long your recipe says.
 When the cupcake have cooled, its time to ice them and I used a star tip nozzle to create an ice cream style swirl on each one.
 Then I decorated them by sprinkling some edible blue lustre onto each cupcake and I then added a sugar snowman and a snowflake decoration.
All of these decorations were purchased from Sainsbury's.
I love how these cupcakes turned out, I think they look really wintery and festive and they taste as good as they look!
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review