New Years Eve Makeup Tutorial

 Hey guys, hope you all had a great Christmas! Now Christmas is over, it's time to think about New Years; the ultimate party night! I've created this intense black smoky eye with glitter and combined that with a dark berry lip for a super glamorous party night look.
Starting off with the Nude Dude palette from The Balm, I am using the shade 'Flawless' and buffing this through the crease with a large blending brush and taking it slightly below the brow bone.
Since this is a dark smoky eye, I want to add some warmth into the crease to balance the look out so I used a warm toned blush shade which was Clinique Sunset Glow Blush and I used the same blending brush to blend this into the crease below the previous shade and using window wiper motions to create a rainbow shape in the crease.
Then I mixed the Sunset Glow shade with 'Feisty' from the Nude Dude palette and taking a fluffy flat shadow brush and blended this at an angle on the outer corner and inner corner and blending this with the crease shade.
To create a base for the smoky eye, I applied a black liner pencil onto the lid and blended it out with a synthetic shadow brush.
Then with the same synthetic brush I patted 'Carbon' from MAC over the top and this was a really intense block of colour. Then I took a pencil brush and mixed Sunset Glow blush with a tiny amount of Carbon and softened the distinction between the lid and crease colour and I blended the two together and when I thought I had finished blending, I blended some more.
To make it more party-like and appropriate for New Years, I took the Collection Glam Crystals Dazzling Gel Liner in Hustle and applied this over the top of the black only. Remember to keep your eyes shut until it is completely dry to avoid the transfer into the crease. I applied 2-3 coats of this liner for a really intense coverage.
Then I took a precise blending brush and just made sure everything was blended and softened and to make sure all harsh lines were eliminated.
To define the eyes I lined my upper lash line with Maybelline Master Ink in Matte Black and winged it out at the outer corner.
I curled my lashes and applied mascara and on the lower lash line, I lined the lower waterline with a gel liner and smudged a tiny amount of Sunset Glow and Carbon on the lower lash line to smoke it out a bit more.
I then applied my dark berry lipstick but if this isn't for you, you can always swap the lip shade for a nude colour to really get the attention on the eyes or to one that suits you.

What are your plans for seeing in 2016?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

  1. Gorgeous! I'll have to try something like this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd love to see it if you do! Happy New Year x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review