HUGE New Makeup and London Shopping Haul

Over the last few months I have accumulated some new makeup products and I haven't done a haul in a while. I felt the monthly haul was starting to get a bit too braggy but I still want to do the occasional one so I thought I would show you some of the new makeup I have purchased since about August/September time. I also went to London during November and I bought a few pieces as well.

Makeup Revolution 144 Eyeshadow Palette 2016 Collection
 Last year MUR released a Limited Edition 144 shade palette which I loved so I was excited when I saw this one in Superdrug. This has 144 new shades compared to last years palette and I think this is great for any beginner or amateur makeup artist.
  I was on a little (I say little) spending splurge when Superdrug first started 3 for 2 so I decided to try the Barry M Supernatural Palette which I did a review on a few weeks ago so check that out if you're interested in seeing my thoughts on it.
  Then I got the Makeup Revolution New-Trals vs Neutrals palette and in all honesty, I haven't really played around with this yet. I've got so many new palettes recently, this one has kind of been pushed to the bottom of the pile so to speak. I need to find the time to experiment with this because I love MUR palettes. 
  Speaking of MUR Palettes, I decided to try their Ultra Brow Palette and so far I am impressed. I have used it a little bit now and again and I've loved the results and I might to a blog post about my brow routine in the New Year using this palette. 
  MUA Luxe released two palettes, Utopia and Paradise and one has plum and copper shades and the other has bronze nude and bare shades. I thought I would really like these but to be honest I thought that they were a bit of a miss. 
  I have been obsessed with Sleek palettes recently and I got their new one which is the Force of Nature palette and this has a lot of earthy purple tones and I also reviewed this on my blog too.
  This was one of my favourite purchases, it is the Nude Dude palette from The Balm and the shadows are amazing, I think that the theme and design of the palette is hilarious and I've been using this so much since I bought it.
  Debenhams had 10% off beauty and fragrance at one point, so I caved and bought the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette. It's made with cocoa powder and as a chocoholic I love this palette!
  I also decided to give some of the solo MUR shadows a go and so far I like them, I got some everyday shades for my crease and highlight and a gold and purple just because they look pretty!
  I loved the Maybelline Master Ink Liner in Matte Black so I got the gold glitter one and I'm saving this for Christmas because I think it will look great for a Christmas party.
  Also from Too Faced, I got the Shadow Insurance which I have seen being used a lot so I thought I would try it and I love it, I find that I don't need to apply a white liner base over the top as it makes the eyeshadow pop anyway so I'm definitely buying this again.
  Then I got the Better Than Sex Mascara from Too Faced while they had 10% off.
  When I went to Wilko I had a look at the Essence stand and I thought I would try the Oil Control papers. Since I love the All About a Matte Powder, I'm hoping these would be great to carry around in my bag for on the go and as soon as I can remember to actually put them in my bag I will use them haha!
  Makeup Revolution have launched some awesome new things recently and one of them is the Advanced Complexion Sponge in Soft. I like this for softly blending concealer, I think it is too soft for foundation but they have two other ones which I am thinking of getting.
  This is another favourite purchase: the ultra metals brushes. These are amazing quality brushes, I highly recommend them so go try them.
  I was looking for a new primer and foundation and I chose to get the L'Oreal Infallible Matte Foundation, Primer and Powder as it was 3 for 2 and I've liked using them, they're lightweight on my skin, matte and easy to blend and to cover imperfections.
  One thing that I don't have, surprisingly, is the 'perfect' nude lip shade for me so while I was in Wilko I bought the Essence Nude Lipstick in shade 5 and I LOVE it, I love the colour, consistency and everything else about it. Next time I'm in Wilko, I might get a few more shades.
  I haven't got anything from MUA that I've been impressed with over the last few months but when I bought two of these Metallic Liquid Lips, I went back and bought three more. I have five out of six shades and I have done a review on them and I love them. For a £4 lip gloss the opacity and pigmentation is amazing.
  The 3 for 2 promotion also includes lashes at Superdrug so I got these for a Halloween Party and they are the Eyelure Definition no. 120 lashes and they are natural and defining and I really liked them.
  When it comes to cleaning brushes, this is God send. Whoever thought of this at MUR is a genius and this is a Pro Brush Cleanse a Tool and is absolutely BRILLIANT at cleaning makeup brushes. The rigged edge cleans right the way through the bristles, buffing out all traces of makeup and it leaves you with a perfectly clean brush. It eliminates the chore of cleaning brushes and makes it so much easier. If you have a load of makeup brushes, go buy this.
  Finally I bought the Bloggers Planner and I am in love with it. I'm so glad I bought it. I would say that it's actually improved my blogging and it has helped me to be a bit more organised with my posts. I'd say this is a must have for loads of bloggers.
 Moving onto my London purchases, we went to Forever 21 and I picked up this poncho style cape which you can just wrap around you and it's a beautiful camel colour with little fringing at the bottom and it also is knitted so it's warm and the oversized style makes it perfect for the season. This was £9 as well!
 I've been collecting Christmas jumpers this year and while I was in Primark in Oxford Street I found this really adorable black and white penguin jumper which, wait for it... PLAYS JINGLE BELLS! I love this jumper, I am definitely wearing it as much as possible and you can take the little music player out to wash the jumper too and this was £12.
Also in Primark we found these really cute little slipper sock gift sets with Patch from 101 Dalmatians and Simba from the Lion King at £3 each. I couldn't decide which one I wanted because I love both of these Disney films so both of them came home with me!
 We visited Lush in Oxford Street and I told the sales assistant that I liked the berries and the candy scents and she recommended this bath bomb to me, this is called Yule Log, I believe, it is a Christmas one that smells of caramel and butterscotch goodness and I instantly fell in love with it!
 Next thing I picked up was this Bath Oil in Melting Marshmallow and these melt in the bath creating a luxurious silky effect in the water. I haven't seen these before so I wanted to try one and this one has the same scent as the bath melt in Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment.
 The next bath bomb I got is called 'Shooting For the Stars' and I can't quite tell what it smells of but it smells so good.
 The final Lush purchase is called 'So White' and this has a gorgeous apple scent to it. I love apple scents and I literally went 'that's coming home with me!' after trying it for the first time!
I forgot about this purchase, in Forever 21 as I was queued to pay for my cape thing, I saw these brush holders and I have been meaning to get one for ages and ages as they're really good for travelling with makeup brushes and keeping them safe and they were £7! Such a great price!
 I went to Superdrug in Oxford Street specifically to buy something that wasn't even in stock as we were wandering round the store, I found this amazingly beautiful brush set from Real Techniques for the brilliant bargain price of £48.99 as they had started to do their Black Friday sale. I was debating whether or not to get it but in the end I caved in and got it, I wanted this for Christmas but it originally is £99.99 and it included 10 brushes and a generously sized, very practical train case.

SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review