Collection Naturally Matte Foundation

I know I've said in the past that I'm not a huge fan of wearing foundation, but I think it's a female prerogative to constantly change her mind about things like this. I think it's because I've never found a foundation that I like and fits my skin and my opinion changed with the Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude Foundation so I've been using a few foundations recently and one of the newest ones I've started using is the Collection Naturally Matte Foundation, £2.99.

I have the shade 'Ivory 2' and there are 6 shades but unfortunately the darkest shade is a golden brown colour. There is 35ml of product and the packaging claims that it is 'mineral enriched for a fresh, flawless complexion. Fragrance free. All day matte finish. Contains UVA and UVB sunscreens'.
This product sounds like the perfect foundation to wear for summer because it contains sun protection and claims to be all day matte so it's great for oily skin. The packaging is a black squeezy tube with a transparent section where you can see not only the colour of foundation, but how much you have left in there.
The consistency of the foundation feels like a mousse foundation, it's very smooth and easily blendable but at the same time its not that lightweight, but it doesn't feel too heavy either.
 A little goes a long way with this foundation and I found that when I applied more of it in one layer it went slightly cakey and didn't blend as easily so I gradually built up the coverage using thin layers.
I primed my skin before application, then I blended it into my skin using the RT Expert Face Brush and then patted in the foundation with the RT Miracle Complexion Sponge when it was damp so it settled the foundation into my skin better. It has quite a natural coverage and takes a few layers to cover up some darker or redder imperfections but one layer of the foundation evens out the skin tone without being too heavy. Most importantly though, it is matte and fragrance free. I used the sponge to add extra foundation to the imperfections in my skin.
This foundation lasts for around 4-5 hours without any setting powders or sprays before I reapplied some more and it didn't reapply cakey either. However I used a setting spray another time and it stayed in place for a lot longer. It keeps blush and contour in place for hours as well and you can still visibly see the pigment after a few hours.
Overall I really like the foundation. I like that it has a matte finish because I have combination skin and it keeps control of the oil in my skin. I also like that it's not too heavy or cakey making it a great go-to product for Summer. I don't really have any major faults with it and I agree with the claims on the packaging. With the £2.99 price tag, it's definitely something I would happily repurchase over and over again. The only problem is that it lacks a wide range of shades for darker skin colours with the darkest shade being '6 Golden'.
 
What is your go-to foundation?
 
SparkleEyes x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review