Subtle Sunset Inspired Evening Summer Makeup Tutorial

For this Summer evening makeup, I wanted the eye makeup to be something that was a bit more colourful and I was inspired by the beautiful sunsets in Summer. This is a look that you can alter the lid colour on to make it more suitable for you and it is best to use a gradient of colour on the lid to get the same effect.


 On a primed eye, I am using a blending brush to buff the shade 'M2' from the Smashbox Full Exposure Palette through the crease, and then I am tapering it out at the outer corners in a triangle shape.
 Then with the shade 'M1' from the same palette, I am deepening the crease colour.
 Moving onto 'M6' of the palette, I am applying this following the triangle shape in the outer corner and blending it really well into the crease colour for a subtle transition.
 Then I am taking a matte off-white shade and blending it against the crease colour up towards the brow bone to soften the edges.
 The next palette I am using is the Makeup Revolution Makeup Geek Palette and I am taking the yellow shade and patting on the inner half of the lid.
 Then with a darker orange toned copper shade, I am patting this on the outer half of the lid.
To blend the two shades together, take a mid toned orange and pat on the join between the two colours and use gentle feathering strokes to blend all the colours together. Blend all three lid colours into the crease colours so there are no harsh lines.
 On the lower lash line, I am going back to the Full Exposure palette and using M2 to line the entire lower lash line.
 Then with the M1 shade, I am lining the outer half of the lower lash line and blending the two tones together.
 Then with M7, I am dotting this on the outer corner of the lower lash line and blending up to meet the black on the outer corners.
I am then going to line my waterline with a black kohl pencil, line my upper lash line with liquid liner, curl my lashes and apply mascara.
Since the eye makeup is as bold as it is, I am using colour correction to even out my skin as much as possible. I am applying a peach concealer under my eyes and a green concealer on any redness and blending it out. I'm keeping my foundation very lightweight and the one that I am using is the Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude in Ivory. With a stippling brush I am stippling it all over my face and neck and then blending it in with a damp foundation sponge. This is going to give it more of a lightweight feel to the skin without taking away the coverage of the foundation. Then I just concealed any areas I needed to, to make sure it was as flawless as possible.I then moved onto my contour and highlight and set everything with a mattifyying powder and a setting spray.
I went with a nude lip to compliment the eye makeup and I used Collection Galactica Lip Butter in Moon Rock with a nude lip gloss.
 
 
What is your go to makeup look for Summer?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review