Makeup Revolution Unicorns Unite Palette

A few weeks back, I took advantage of the Makeup Revolution three for two offer on all of their Salvation Palettes and I bought the new Unicorns Unite palette and two other palettes. This palette is 'made with the help of “Real” Unicorns in our Enchanted Magical Makeup Forest' and contains 18 shades; 12 shimmery and 6 matte and retails for £6. I also did a tutorial using a few shades from the palette at the end of the blog post.
 Most of the Makeup Revolution palettes are packaged in boxes and this one is packaged in a really pretty purple box that has a holographic effect so that it catches the light when you move it around. I like this element because it emphasises the whole unicorn and magical theme of the palette and the colours in the holographic effect reflect some of the shades in the palette.
 There is a guide to which colours are in the palette on the back of the box and as I'm sure you know from previous Makeup Revolution blog posts, this is something they have done with all of these types of palettes. It also says that these shades are 'all super pigmented' on the box.
 Once again, the case is a professional, sturdy and reflective black case with their signature gold lettering printed over the front.
 Like the other palettes in this range, there is a plastic insert with the shade names that all fit into the theme of the palette really well.
 Inside the palette there is a full sized mirror which is handy for on-the-go makeup, plus a dual sponge tip applicator which I am most likely not going to use because I never do, but on the other hand this is useful for packing the colour onto the lids if you don't have any other brushes available.
 I love the range of shades in this palette because they really do reflect the colours of what I consider to be 'magical' or that a unicorn might have. There are a few pink and purple tones as well as a blue, some greens, lighter shades and a gold in the shimmery section, and then there is a gradient of matte shades that work really well for blending out the colourful shades, using in the crease as a transitional shade or for adding extra depth or definition, as these matte shades will pair really nicely with the other tones in the palette.
 Top to bottom, left to right the names of the shades are:
Legend, Grace, Medieval, Unicorn, Believe, Symbol
Spiral, Fortune, Fantasy, Beauty, Spiritual, Creature,
Pure, Buttercup, Unite, Horn, Special and History.
Each shade has a nice opaque colour pay off with a high level of pigmentation. The consistencies feel very creamy which I like with eye shadows because it makes them blend and apply so much easier and the colours show up brightly with a white eyeliner base blended onto the lids before application. This is something I always do before applying eyeshadows because it makes them wear longer and appear more vivid on the eyes. Once applied, they last for hours without fading or creasing.
 
Overall, I cannot fault this palette at all! There is nothing about it that I don't like, I love all the shades, the range of shades, the packaging and the quality of the eyeshadows. I have two other salvation palettes from Makeup Revolution that I'm going to try out and see if I like them which, I'm sure I will because Makeup Revolution is quickly becoming my favourite brand at the moment.
 
For the tutorial, I am using the shades in the palette to create a unicorn inspired, mythological eye makeup look.

 Start off by applying a primer and white eyeliner base on the lids to keep the eye shadows in place for longer and to make the colours show up better.
 With a dense blending brush, I am buffing the shade 'Special' into the crease using circular motions.
 With an angled eye shadow brush, I am tracing the shade 'Horn' in the crease and then using a precise blending brush to soften the edge of the brown and to blend the two shades together to create a subtle gradient.
 All over the lid, I am patting the shade 'Grace'.
 On the outer half of the lid, I am patting the shade 'Believe' and blending with the brown crease colour and the lighter light colour.
 To create more of a gradient on the lid I am precisely patting the shade 'Unicorn' on the centre of the lid and this is going to help blend the two lid colours together.
 On the inner corner and with a precise brush I am dotting the colour 'Medieval' and blending into the lid colour and into the lower lash line.
 On the outer corner of the lower lash line, use an angled eye shadow brush to line the outer half of the lash line with 'Beauty' and then fill in the rest of the lower lash line with 'Buttercup'.
 In the crease I am adding some depth to the look. With the shade 'History' and an angled brush, I am tracing this on the crease and blending with the crease colours.
 Soften the edges of the colour with the shade 'Pure' to get rid of any harsh lines

 I then added winged liner, mascara and added some false lashes. I also applied a white eyeliner to the lower waterline.
 
 
What are your thoughts on this palette?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review