Golden Glow Everyday Summer Makeup Tutorial

I love experimenting with new makeup looks and trends for Summer and completely changing the products I tend to use to be more effective for the season. I have been loving the bronzed contoured look combined with the Strobing trend to get a gorgeous glowy look for Summer. I have also combined it with a softer eye makeup look and a slightly bolder lip, but not too bold, and this is my go-to everyday makeup look for Summer.
I'm not going into too much detail with my base but I'll do a quick run through of how I prepare my skin for the contour and highlight. Starting off with my primer, I am using the MUA Pro Base primer all over my face and then the Maybelline Baby Skin primer just in the T Zone.
 
Strobing is a new makeup trend that uses cream or liquid highlighters for a luminous dewy and glowy finish. It is essentially highlighting but if you prefer you can contour and highlight with a powder if you normally would. Since these are cream and liquid highlighters, if you have oily skin you might want to stick to a powder and dust it over your foundation but I decided to try it and I really liked the result. You can find these products in Boots, Superdrug or with more high street brands. I use the MUA Highlight Shimmer Stick.
 
Take your cream or liquid highlighter and blend it where you would normally apply a powder highlight; the tops of the cheekbones, bottom of the jawline, centre of the forehead, the bridge of the nose, the cupids bow and a tiny amount on your chin. Blend it in really well and then take your BB Cream or foundation and lightly stipple the product on top so it lightly covers the highlight and you want it to be visible underneath.
With the middle shade from the Makeup Revolution Radiance palette, I am lightly going over where I have used the cream highlighter using a fan brush.
With a large fluffy brush I am blending some of the bronzer from the MUA Bronze & Sculpt Contour Kit on my hairline, jawline and the hollows of my cheeks.
I then set the face makeup with a setting spray and applied a lip balm to prep my lips.
 
For my eye makeup, I am using the W7 In the Nude Palette to create a light golden eye. This is my go-to everyday palette for Summer as it contains golden neutral shades and occasionally I use some other palettes to add pops of colour to the inner corners or the lash line. This eye look also pairs really well with many different lip shades.
Starting with the shade 'Sun Kissed', I am patting this all over the lid.
Next, I am buffing the shade 'Alice' all the way through the crease.
I am going to deepen the outer half of the crease using the shade 'Coffee Cup' and I am blending this in really well so there are no harsh lines.
I am carefully blending 'Fashionista' on the outer corners of the eyes and blending in to the lid colour and in the crease.
Blend the shade 'Alice' on the lower lash line and use the shade 'Latte' to soften the edges of the shadow using a blending brush.
I then applied liquid eyeliner to my upper lash line and curled my lashes and applied mascara. The mascara I have been loving recently is the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. On my lips, I used Maybelline Colour Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in Keep it Classy but with this eye look, there are so many different lip colours that will suit it so this is likely to change.
 
 
 What is your go-to makeup look for Summer?
 
SparkleEyes x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Apply False Nails

MUA Cosmetics Review